meee

meee

Thursday 29 September 2011

BUSY BUSY Thursday :)

HOLAAAAAA!!  Ok, so I'm going to start today's blog with a story :) ................ I did the funniest thing ever last night, and not many people will appreciate this- Gemma & Sian mainly lol- but anyway as these 2 girls know, I'm the sort of person to take a short-cut, and I will do anything to get something done quicker- so me being lazy resulted this evening in a 40 minute diversion on what should have been a 5 minute bus journey! I'd just left Rach & Stephanie on the Plaza Mayor and began walking to the bus stop on Gran via to get the bus home as it's a one way system here- but then I saw my bus coming but from the other direction, so I hopped on it to avoid walking the 5mins to the Correct bus stop on Gran Via- at worst I thought it would be a few min journey before it looped around to the Gran Via stop as this particular line is like the circular tube line in Madrid- it just keeps going around in circles! So yeah, I thought it would just add on 5 minutes to my journey- TRY 40 minutes!!!! Haha! I was fine for a bit on the bus, but then the bus crossed the river & the cathedral became a distant sight! (i started to panic) Then it went along some windey roads in the dark, and around 2 roundabouts- each time taking an exit further from Salamanca Center! Then the scariest thing happened when I saw a sign saying SALAMANCA with a cross through it!!!! My heart plummetted as I thought 'oh my god if I'm Not in Salamanca now, then where the hell am I!!' and then just when I thought we were heading back to the Center again, the bus stopped in this random road where all the people got off and the driver announced it was the end of the line! I was sure that he would go back towards the centre though, so I went and explained what had happened & that I was a foreign student & he was so lovely about it & had a quiet chuckle to himself! So then after 10/15 minutes driving along these roads i'd never seen before, finally the bus went towards the Center and I began to recognise where I was again!!! The Moral of the story is don't be lazy like me and take short-cuts, as 9 times out of 10 it really won't be a short-cut and at best you will get a much longer journey time, or at worst- you'll get entirely lost.


Right, now on to today!! it has been a pretty productive day in Sala really! I woke up to a phone call from Kayleigh- one of my new friends around 10.30, and then after we'd finished speaking I suddenly remembered I only had until 11.30am to change the time of my Spanish course lessons here! So I quickly got dressed and luckily the right bus came along a second after I got to the stop outside the flat- so I managed to get into the center by 11ish and then I ran to the Oficina de Cursos Internacionales (International Office) only to find myself in a mile long queue of other Erasmus students who wanted to change their level/time of course! After about half an hour waiting, I finally managed to change my time to a 12-2pm slot! I was on the 4-6pm slot before, but I couldn't continue with that time as I have a clash with my Italian module! Anyway, by the time I'd finished changing my time of the course, and picked up the course book and notepad from another office- it was 11.45 and I had to dash over to the class! The teacher was lovely- just as nice as the lady who was teaching the 4-6pm slot thank god! The lesson was really good though and I found it useful as we were recapping past tenses- got lots of homework for tomorrow though UGHH! I then went and did a big food shop in Carrefour afterwards (I only recently found out that we have a huge Carrefour on my street in the other direction to which I normally walk, when I've been lugging food from the Carrefour in the center for nearly a month!) - silly me! Then the afternoon was really nice! I met up with a new friend Kayleigh for an ice cream, then met Elizabeth and then at 7 we all went to the beginners French class! It was actually on today (If you've read my previous blog from Monday you'll have spotted that I was miffed as it was cancelled)! So yeah, there were around 50 people in the room, and the teacher was a really nice guy who went through the introduction- like what we're going to learn etc and told us about the text book. We were only there an hour though as none of us had the text book- so we're starting properly on Monday. I'm really happy though as the module looks great, and the teacher is really bubbly so I think this is going to be a great module! :) -I'll have to buy the text book tomorrow - I'm exciiiiiiiiiiited to start learning French :) Really happy I have one module that looks great! Hopefully my translation module will be good next week aswell- but it starts at 8am! I mean.... that's not even an hour of the day---- is it? and The Geography one looks good too! haha. Righty- enough of my rambling.... I'm off now for a very spanish dinner at Elizabeth's flat with lots of Erasmus people :D yay! lots of Sala love, xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment