meee

meee

Monday 19 September 2011

A productive morning in Salaaaa!!


Buenas Dias!! Today Laurie and I had to wake up so early..... well at 7am (but this is early considering I’ve not been getting up here until around 11am!). The reason for this early get-up was to go to the Oficina de Cursos Internacionales (International courses office) so we could register for the Spanish course for Erasmus students starting next week! It will be for 2 hours a day for a month.... so it’ll be quite intensive I expect, but hopefully it will help me improve my Spanish grammar. The course will also help with understanding the lectures and seminars which we’ll have at Uni in Spanish! So yeah, at half past 8 this morning Laurie and I decided to get the bus into town as we are far too lazy to walk- even though it is only a 20 minute walk! Haha, and then when we got to the office, at 9am the assistants said we had to wait until 10 to register as there was a problem or something with the computers! So Laurie and I went for a wander around the old quarter and found a bookshop, the library and also we found the Oficina de Filologia Inglesa (The department of English Studies) which is where my personal tutor’s office is! I had to go for a meeting with him (Javier Ruano) at 9.30 to discuss my modules and get my Erasmus arrival form signed. He was a really nice guy, and was so helpful when choosing the modules and helped me understand the timetable and locations of rooms etc! He was also helpful asking me about accommodation and whether I had arranged anything yet- but luckily I already have a flat (and two lovely flatmates I might add hahaa!). I’m really glad that all went well, as I now have a timetable starting next week! I’m going to be provisionally studying these following subjects, and if don’t like the subject I have 3 weeks to change, fab!!!  I’ll be studying Beginners German, Spanish Grammar, Spanish Literature and cinema, Italian Language, Introduction to Italian studies *history, language history, culture*, and finally general Geography. These modules total 17 hours of Uni teaching time which is equal to 30credits which is the amount we have to study here per semester. It’s also great as all of my modules take place in the Historic Old Quarter instead of on the main campus which is much handier for me! Included with this blog is a photo of the Filologia (languages) building where I’ll be studying most of the time! I have three 9am starts..... but most days I’m finished by 2, apart from Monday and Thursday when I have a German class from 7-9pm! Yes you read it right! I won’t finish Uni on those days until 9 which is crazy as in England our last classes run from 5-6! But anyway... 3 days a week I’m done at 2 which is really good!..... I can have a long siesta, then do some work and then go out in the evening! = Perfect! However for the first month I’ll have my extra Spanish course from 4-6 every day...... so this first month is going to be really busy with 27 hours of ‘’learning’’ per week! AHHHHHHH! But it will be worth it to improve my Spanish so much! Right, that’s enough blogging for today! I’m going to head back to the flat in a bit and have a longggggg siesta as I got up so early today.... and I need to be awake for tonight as we have the GRAN FIESTA DE BIENVENIDA DE ERASMUS!!!! (HUGE ERASMUS WELCOME PARTY!!!!) Oh yeaaaah :) Hopefully Lorena will have arrived by this evening so she can come too! :) hasta pronto- xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment