meee

meee

Wednesday 28 September 2011

First day of classes!





Yesterday was the first day of classes I went to- and to be honest they were all either non existant or pointless! I woke up really early (7am!!!) to go to an Italian class at 9am.... I spent ages hunting for the room, and then arrived only to find out it was an A1 basic level for people who'd never done Italian before! And apart from that, the teacher spoke so quickly it took all my energy to follow her in Spanish let alone if she'd have done any actual italian teaching where I would have to translate first from Italian to Spanish then back to English! The class lasted 10 minutes as she claimed she couldn't teach us without the book which we'd all have to purchase by friday when the next class is. I don't think Leicester will let me do that course as it's so basic.... so I'm changing to a B1 level which now gives me fridays free aswell! so thats one good thing I suppose! Although I am a bit worried the class will be too hard! A few hours later I wandered over to my Geography module which when we arrived we got told the classes would start next week- great (siarcasm here) My beginners French class was also cancelled this week- great, the spanish definitely don't class week 1 of Uni as important it seems! I did end up going to a ''Teaching Spanish'' module though which was the most boring hour I'd sat through in my life.... and I swear the guy was rambling on about nothing! Luckily no one else seemed to be taking notes so I didn't either..... Let's hope my classes tomorrow and next week go much better as I'm worried about getting all the Uni stuff sorted and actually starting as it's all so complicated over here! Off the Uni topic.... a few of us went for ice creams in Plaza Mayor after the Spanish language exam which went okay! and although we were all nackered in the evening, we decided to go out to the Irish Rover pub where there was a free bar if you paid the 5 entry price! I had countless beers and still didn't really get drunk- but we had a fun night! :) Ok i'm off now to the first Spanish language class.... hopefully it's decent! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment