meee

meee

Monday 3 October 2011

SALAMANTINO WEEKEND :)

A lovely group pic! ^^
Rach and I :) ^^
 Kayleigh & I really going for the dancing and singing haha! ^^
 SHOTS!!!! ^^
Laurie, Laura and I with our first shot! called watermelon apparently- it was nice! ^^
 LA CHUPITERIA!!!! (Shot bar) ^^
 Another nice group pic! ^^

Holaaa! I’ve finally now got an hour to write my next blog update- so here goes! I woke up really early this morning at 7, (although not as early as poor Laurie who had to wake up at 6 for her 8am class!) and all to go to the worst Italian culture class EVER! I managed to find the room in the Languages faculty, and then after waiting for 15 minutes for the class to start, an ancient old-school type lecturer walked in and literally just started jabbering on at a million miles an hour in Spanish about ........ er.......... I’m actually not sure what it was about, as he was speaking so quickly! I did hear Dante mentioned though :) hahaa.  After about 5 minutes I actually just gave up trying to understand as I’d made up my mind instantly that I’m going to change to something else! I’ll have a look later and see if there are any other modules I can possible do instead! I definitely want to get rid of that Culture class though..... not only because it was impossible, but also because the class times are 9-10am two mornings a week! – Hell no thank-you! :) I’m just waiting for my Spanish language class at 12-2 today, and then I can have a siesta until French class this evening!
Right, enough about Uni- now let’s move onto the weekendddddd! Well all in all it was pretty awesome and my time was filled entirely! Thursday night after French class Elizabeth invited me over to her flat to join in a small dinner she was hosting for some friends, so I gladly accepted and went along for the evening! We attempted to cook a tortilla, but it really wasn't as easy as it looked on the recipe! ours kind of turned out like scrambled egg and potatoes :/ but it still tasted great hahaa! We also had sangria, wine and tinto de verano which is like a mix of sangria and lemonade ----> and very yummy I might add! All in all it was a lovely evening of food, alcohol and good conversation! :) Friday night I met up with Kayleigh (a new friend from Liverpool) and a few others to have a small picnic and sangria down by the river in the evening, and then afterwards Kayleigh and I went for a walk around the old quarters of the city and ended up in a secret garden! It was like a fairy-tale as the trees were all caving in, and there were pretty lights everywhere! We sat for a few hours and just chatted whilst drinking sangria hahaa and then suddenly at around 1am the window opened next to the bench we were sitting on, and this old Spanish man told us to bug off basically as we were talking too loudly!!! Kayleigh and I were in fits of laughter hahaa! Friday was also a special day.... mainly for Laurie my Frenchie house-mate as she became an auntie and a godmother!! Her big sister had a baby girl at around 3pm and she is named Cleo! But spelt very French like Khlèo :) How cute! Laurie was practically dancing around the flat! So congratulations to the Charvet family in Lyon!!! :)     
I had the longest lie-in ever on Saturday which was great, and then around 11am Laurie and I decided to go for a shopping spree! She was hell-bent on getting a denim skirt, and I was just up for getting whatever took my fancy! I eventually found a few tops and a nice pair of cream jeans! I also bought the course-book for my French class! (So excited to start properly!). We then met up with Kayleigh, and went to Carrefour to buy some items ready for the lunch we were going to prepare as I had guests this weekend! They were Adrian and Laura, two of the friends I made whilst in Madrid au-pairing this summer! It was really great to see them again, and so nice of them to come up to Sala to see me! So yeah, we all went back to the flat, and Kayleigh, Laurie and I cooked....... well we did pizza – that’s cooking right? Hahaa! Well we prepared a salad too (it was kind of already in a bag though) and we chopped up some bread :D wow I could so go on master-chef! ;) Anyway, the lunch was great and then in the afternoon we all went for a sight-seeing tour of Sala! Laurie and I then went to our usual cafe for a bit of wifi-stealing and Laura and Adrian had a siesta in the flat!- oh how Spanish of them :) Then in the evening...... we all went out!!!!!! FIESTAAAAA! And met up with lots of our Erasmus friends! We went to a club called Medievo first of all, and then on to the Chupiteria afterwards (translation: shot house!)! It really was a great night though, and despite downing quite a number of tequila/sambuca/absinthe shots I still didn’t get a hangover yesterday.... incredible! :) check out some of the best pics included in this blog post!
I also just want to say a big thank-you to Rachel Morris for letting me use the wifi in her flat so many times over the last few weeks! I can’t believe I’ve been here nearly a month, and without wifi! But we have contracted it, and should be getting it today or tomorrow- well, whenever they decide to finally come and fit it! It'll be so good to finally be able to skype date people when I want..... and from my own bedroom! eeeeee! Can't wait to speak to you James Hunton, Gemma New, Kat Lunn, Rubilee Mabini and of course the parents too haha!!!!! :)  
Right, I’m off now, that’s an hour of blogging..... time now for verbs, grammar and conjugations in Spanish class! (It can’t all be fun on Erasmus year though can it!) xxxx 

 Girlies ^^
Another lovely group pic! ^^
 Laurie and Kayleigh! que guapas eh! ^^
 Lorena and Laurie! (My two lovely flatmatessssssss!) ^^
Lorena, Laurie, some random Mexican guy, Kayleigh & another randomer! ^^
 Laurie, Adrian, Laura and I outside the Faculty of Filologia (Languages) ^^
Adrian, Laura and I :) ^^
Rachel & Elizabeth! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment