meee

meee

Friday 14 October 2011

Fiestas, frogs and fun fun times! :)

Kayleigh, Me, Florian & Laurieeee :)
Well here I am at the end of another week in Salamanca! I can't believe it's Friday already! Please someone tell me where all the time is going? before I know it, it'll be time for Christmas.... and then January will come and go, and then I'll be leaving Sala :O I really need to make sure I enjoy every moment here to the max, as I'm just starting to realise it won't last forever. I've had a really great last 2 days here, but yesterday was so tiring! If you have read my previous blog the other night, you'll have noticed that I was writing it at 2am, and I had to be up for a class at 7am! Well anyway, I woke up yesterday after having only 4 hours sleep and managed to amble into Uni for this 9am class on 'Espanol de las Americas' - (Spanish of the Americas). The class was okay, but to be honest I was half asleep and given that the teacher spoke so quickly I could barely understand anything! I then went to my spanish language class from 12-2, and then I had Italian from 4-6 and THEN French from 7-9! That's 7 hours of 'Uni' in one day! By the time French was over I was honestly dozing off! But then afterwards I met up with Florian our lovely Belgian guy to go for an icecream on Plaza Mayor! I just love the plaza at night- all the lights are so pretty and it's always bustling with people! We then went for tapas and a drink with a few friends before I was pursuaded to go out!! Florian, Laurie and I met up with Kayleigh and Sam aswell as some other people on Plaza Mayor at midnight, and we all headed to a bar/club for the night! The entry price was only 4 euros, and it was a 'barra libre' aswell! that's a free bar! you can't really go wrong with that can you!! - as much beer/sangria as you want! hell yeah! but I have to say, by about 4 beers I'm pretty tipsy and can enjoy dancing! I think everyone had a really good night though :)

Plaza Mayor at night - photo stolen from Rach Moriss <3

Floriaaaan & Me :)

Kayleigh & Me

Una francesa y una inglesa.........

A group pic!

Sam & Laurie!

Me, Sam & Laurie

Another group pic!

The boys!
Today's been a really great day aswell- so much more relaxing than yesterday! I woke up around 11 to go into the center for 12 for my Spanish language exam... It didn't go too badly, some areas were easy, and then others were hard- so overall I think it went better than I thought it would-considering I'm awful at grammar! In the afternoon I just went back to the flat, had a siesta, some lunch, and just chilled out! Then at 5, Lorena, Laurie and I went into the center to Plaza Mayor where Lorena, Maryse (A french friend of Laurie) and I had planned that Laurie's boyfriend Morgan would meet Laurie as a surprise!!! He flew all the way from Lyon in France to see her, and the meeting was so cute :) She screamed and was so shocked she couldn't move when she saw him walking towards her across the plaza with his suitcase! Awww! Then afterwards we left the lovebirds to it, and Kayleigh and I went for some retail therapy and a gossip :) I finally managed to find a lucky Salamancan frog keyring that I like! (see pic below!) He's all sparkly.... Hopefully he'll bring me some luck eh! a frog is the lucky mascot of Salamanca as there is a tiny stone frog statue on one of the walls of the old University building, and it's really difficult to find..... but the legend says that if you find the frog without any help, then you'll have luck for your studies at University! And in all of the shops here you can find millions of frogs.... froggy toys, mugs, pens, keyrings, posters..... the list goes on and on! There is so many of them though, and many are really tacky items.... that's why it's taken me so long to find a decent looking frog mascot for my flat-keys! I think iI have struck lucky with this one though :) what do you think?  
Anyway, on that note I'm off to bed I think now! It's so nice to have a night in, and just relax! More adventures again tomorrow though as a group of us are going to Valladolid (a city just north of Salamanca) for the day! It's only 2hours by coach, so we should have plenty of time whilst there to see the city, do all the touristy things and have a nice ice cold beer/sangria! Will update soon, sending lots of Salamancan love! <3 BESOS!!!!!! x

The main wall on the Plaza Mayor

Laurie and Morgan! (just after she saw him!)

A group of us! :)

LOVEEEE heart :) Morgan & Laurie!

My lucky Salamancan frog! he needs a name..... any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment