meee

meee

Wednesday 5 October 2011

TUESDAY HELL DAY !!!!


Wow what a day yesterday was!!! Probably the most stressful so far I would say, and certainly one of those types of days that every Erasmus student must get at the beginning of their time abroad! Right, where shall I start? Ok, I woke up at 6am after only having 4hours sleep to get ready to go to my new 2nd year Spanish-English translation module, and around 7.30 Laurie and I ambled along, half asleep in the cold (yes- Autumn is definitely on it's way!) to the translation faculty. I waited for a few friends before going in, and then when we were all together we sat down and we were by then quite excited to see what the module would involve, as we really wanted to do it as we thought it would be fairly easy, and we'd be able to understand it. Around 20minutes late- the teacher finally casually walked in (as if being that late is acceptable!) and then realized there were new faces in the room and then asked who was new & why we were there. We explained we were English Erasmus students & she literally said that we are in the wrong place & that the module wasn't for us- and then asked us to leave the room! We were all fuming as we'd got up so early and were looking forward to a module we thought would be good! But no!! Before leaving, Elizabeth asked why it wasn't possible for us to do the module, and she basically said that we hadn't done the previous (year 1) module, so would find this one too hard! She did say it in a very rude way though- she obviously doesn't like Erasmus students & really didn't want any in her class! The thing is though- Laurie my frenchie housemate is also on Erasmus & she's allowed to do the same module- but of course English-French translation! So my question is why exactly couldn't I do that module as she's in exactly the same position as me! I'm
Quite annoyed really as I was actually looking forward to it as I'm Interested in the field of translation in the future-perhaps for a masters!
Anyway, so a few of us left the room pretty pissed off having woke up so early! & then Stephanie & I decided to go to our Spanish language course on the earlier time of 9-11 as not to waste the time! The class was really good as usual- and we were focusing on the imperative tense. It was also handy as the 9-11 time was the same level & has the same teacher as our usual 12-2 slot. At 11ish after the class, Stephanie and I went to 'Café y té' for a bit of wifi stealing... And to basically hunt for more possible modules to do! We came across one called 'Lenguas y Lenguajes' which is a 2nd year module tomorrow morning- I guess we'll just have to pop along and see how it is! Anyway, back to yesterday...... I stayed in Café y té until 12.30, and then wandered over to the History & Geography faculty where my geography module was being held. I was quite excited, as that was going to be the first one...... And after waiting 15 minutes for the teacher, I just decided to go in the room and sit down! Then suddenly a flood of people came in- all Spanish & looking at me like I was an alien!!! I went to introduce myself to the teacher & explain that I was an Erasmus student- but he didn't seem to care & just told me to sit down! He then started speaking.... I wouldn't call it speaking though!!! - more like jabbering on at a million miles an hour!!! Honestly I couldn't for the life of me understand what he was saying! It sounded like one continuous word! I did however luckily understand his PowerPoint, so I was taking down notes from it as quickly as I could- but obviously not quickly enough as he was just flipping through the slides so quickly aswell! So after a while I just gave up and waited for the end of the lesson to hurry up..... & then I went to speak to him again & explain that I understood nothing as he was speaking extremely quickly & also could he give me a copy of the program/the PowerPoint he just used so I could find out more about the module and of course finish off my lesson's notes! But no, he REFUSED!!!! & said that if I didn't understand him, that I should just change modules!!!!!!!!! He also said that I can find the module plan online... And that if i have any questions i can email him but only using my University Of Salamanca email address...... Which couldn't be more unhelpful as I can't access the online platform until I'm registered as a student here which isn't until the 19th October! And i won't get my Uni email and access to Uni wifi until then either! So to be honest, there's not much I can do- so I'd better just hunt for another module I think! Later on In the day I went to my new Italian Language module which I really actually enjoyed! The class was small (makes a change in Spain!) and the content this time was B1 level instead of A1 like the Italian beginners course I went to last week! So this level is much more suitable, and maybe I can actually improve my Italian before moving to Pavia in February! I bought the course book afterwards as well- so will attempt to write up the notes for it this evening. The teacher was quite a nice Italian lady, And three of us in the room were Erasmus- so hopefully she'll go a bit easier on us as it's pretty hard going from Spanish to Italian and then translating it back to your mother tongue! - trust me, it gives you a headache! Right, I'm going to dash off now- got my Italian class! I hope I understand it! Loveeeeeeeeee xx


Laurie, Magali, Me, Christina and Zoe!! (4 Frenchies & me!!!) <3

My faculty (Filologia) at night.... so so pretty!

The cathedral at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment