meee

meee

Friday 2 December 2011

IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!! ^^ Feliz Navidad!

Christmas shopping time!

Well here we are already in December! In just three days time I will have been here for four months and I honestly don’t know where the time has gone! Sala definitely has the Christmas feel to it now as all the pretty lights were put up in the streets a few days ago, and they were finally turned on this evening! The city has such a lovely festive feel to it now as everyone has started doing their Christmas shopping in the evening whilst all wrapped up as it’s really cold here now! Check out the pics of Christmassy Sala! =] A Christmas market has also opened in the center in one of the parks, and I'm hoping I'll get the chance to go at some point and check it out! Also a special thank you goes out to Lorena for the cute Christmas toys on our doors yesterday morning! 

My snowman!

Laurie's santa!

The pretty Christmas lights!

A tree all covered in lights- it looked so pretty!

The weather really has turned cold now like I said- I saw that it was 1 degree the other night when walking home from a class! I’ve actually started wearing my fluffy scarves and gloves now when I go out! Luckily it’s warm in the house as heating is included in our rent- so no fighting over the heating! This week has been pretty relaxing really, and I’ve enjoyed just living in Spain and being stress free- what with finally having wifi! Last weekend on Saturday night Laurie and I went out with a group of Spanish people for tapas and a few drinks, and it was a really good night speaking only in Spanish! We also went to a really local bar where we had wine and beer out these strange jug things! check out the photo below! Apparently the further you drink it from, the better the taste! Is that really true? 

The crazy method of drinking alcohol........... i'll try anything once!
Irene, Me and Laurie

Alex, Me and Laurie

The 'jugs' of wine and beer!

The Spanish gang!

Sunday evening I went over to Florian's flat to see him as he came back from a weekend in Galicia! (Now that is an exciting weekend in comparison with mine!!) I've just been getting on with Uni work really this week, but Tuesday evening was nice as I went out for tapas and a drink with Marta to a typical Spanish bar, and then Florian came over for the evening to watch a film (We ended up watching American Pie, oh it's a classic!) and he gave me a rose =] now that's sweet. 

MY ROSE!!! <3

Lorena and Me!

Laurie and Lorena!


Wednesday evening Laurie, Lorena and I went to Montaditos for our dinner as every Wednesday everything on the menu is a euro! We had chips, and then little rolls with yummy fillings! Yesterday I slept in so late, and then spent the rest of the day doing French revision for our second verb control which we had in the evening. It was pretty tough, so I don’t know how well I did on it! Then in the evening a few of us met up to go out, and we had a fun evening! It was the first time I’ve worn heels here as normally the Spanish don’t dress up!! But this time we were mixing in with some other Erasmus people who had been to a Christmas meal and were all dressed up, so Laurie and I decided we had best make an effort too! It was a good evening, but I wasn’t too happy at 4am when we decided to go home and it was raining! 

Jessica, Katha, Me, Florian and Laurie

Jessica, Florian, Katha and Me

Laurie and Me <3

Today has been a really lovely day too, and a perfect end to my week 12. I woke up late after a lie-in, and then went to meet Elizabeth for tapas in our new favourite tapas bar in the centre called Mandela. They have such an amazing selection, and each item is only 60 cents! Bargain! So after filling up on yummy tapas including spinach tortilla and goats cheese and caramelised onion tostadas, we headed off to our extra French class. It was boring as hell I have to say, and I wasn’t really concentrating! Ugh- I’ll have to do some more book work for it this weekend I think!  Then I met Laurie to go shopping followed by the cinema! We wanted to see ‘Gato con botas’ AKA Puss in Boots! However we had already missed the last showing so we chose to see Amanecer.....or rather ‘Breaking Dawn’ in Spanish! I saw it last week with Florian, but Laurie was desperate to see it, and I didn’t mind seeing it again as it was a good film, and the Spanish practice is worth it alone! I am sure I understood much more of it second time around!

Mine and Elizabeth's tapas feast!
 
Well that’s it from me for now, time for some much needed sleep as it's now 2.15am!! I don’t really have any plans for the weekend for once! We’ll just have to see what happens! But I'm definitely planning on getting some work done, and also I'd like to go to the Parque de los Jesuitas which is the largest park in Salamanca. Some people have said it is really pretty- so I'm sure it's worth a visit if the weather is nice! Besos.  
The Plaza Mayor at night =]

No comments:

Post a Comment